Text Size

some blackthooth questions

Official support for products purchased from the BuildYourTools.com and BuildYourCNC.com sites, and the book "Build Your Own CNC Machine (Technology in Action)" by Patrick Hood-Daniel and James Floyd Kelly.

Re: some blackthooth questions

Postby nonessentials » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:52 am

hey muk,

i re typed all your settings very carefully. unfortunately i still have the problem, that the laser only turns on once and the z axis numbers are looking weird. i tried to catch on video what is happening, maybe you know how i could get the values to be -0.0100 and +0.0100 and not 0.005, 0.095, ...

or do you know how i can change the settings for the machine to turn on the laser on value -0.005 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sADKXOHK ... e=youtu.be

thank you so much for all your time and effort

best regards
jonas
nonessentials

CNC Machine: BlackTooth

Postby nonessentials » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:10 pm

Hey Muk,

i tried to change the g-code that was exported with your cambam settings manualy and when i deleted one line of code everytime it appeared, the laser turned on and was working as before, but still with the dots. the line that i deeleted was G1 F300.0 Z-0.01

you said you are using a different cam program now. i thought maybe i give this program a try. can you tell me its name?

thanks for your help
jonas
nonessentials

Postby 3d0g » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Pretty sure Muk moved to a DSP. No more CAM / gcode for him.
3d0g

Postby Muk » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:04 pm

I'm flush out of ideas there essentials...I gave you everything I have/had. Hrm...does anyone else have any tips for him in regards to this?

Idea, try out the exact G-code you've been using and see if it runs on LinuxCNC. At least then you can rule out whether it's software or hardware. Otherwise I'm honestly stumped.

Yeah, I upgraded to a DSP a while ago (man those are awesome)...but they do cost. $450 about, but they are really spectacular to use for laser cutters.
Muk

Postby nonessentials » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:18 pm

hey muk,

thank you much for hardly trying to help me.
i will try on linux and might consider and will try to get a demo of the programs before purchasing any.
i was also thinking about building in some kind of physical delay potentiometer for the laser.

ill keep you updatet on my sucsess or failure.

thanks again
jonas
nonessentials

Postby Muk » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:40 am

You know, there is another thing you can try....

Try the lead-in and lead-out option in CamBam like I have in my settings. Maybe that will help resolve the little 'dot' fire at the end of each vector. I recall that solving a few of my issues when cutting paper.
Muk

Postby nonessentials » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:57 pm

hey there,

i havent got much further with the burning dots(i learned how to keep them less but they´re still there), so i was anoyed and keept this problem aside, while trying to get the engraving setup.

i tried to use the impact engraving plugin explained on this page: http://buildyourcnc.com/tutorials/examp ... tting-dotg

but i stuck at one point or better at one sentence:
Important: If you are using this method, you will need to set your #6 pin as output #1 and set the z-axis dir pin to 0.

can anyone tell me where i have to put which value???

thanks a lot you guys

p.s. to muk:
you said something about sending me some other software to try or did i understood you wrong.
if so please let me know via mail: jonas@inputout.de . thanks soo much
nonessentials

Postby nonessentials » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:03 pm

hey,

i found out what is the logic reason for the dots problem:

mach3 configures the blacktooth to think it is a mill. and mill´s do usualy turn on the spindle before the drill into the wood and turn off the spindle after they have completed. i think this is what is causing the laser to turn on to early and turn of to late. still i cant belive everyone isnt haveing this problem and it is so hard for me to find a suiting settup in mach3.

if anybody does have an idea, that will be more that welcome!!!

meanwhile i poorly will have to try finding a physical solution with an adurino or so.

thanks for you help everybody. have a happy new year
nonessentials

Postby 3d0g » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:17 am

I know it doesn't help with your Mach3 / Windows setup, but I've now cranked out 100+ raster jobs using the custom raster module for LinuxCNC. The custom module is what avoids the Z delay issue.
3d0g

Postby nonessentials » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:32 am

Hey 3D0g,

i am considering to switch to linux cnc. have you used the settings from this page? viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3562

I was also thinking if i could solve the dots problem when i use the plasma profile in mach3 instead of the mill profile.
has anyone tried this?

thanks for your help
nonessentials

PreviousNext

Return to Product Support (Build Your Tools / Build Your CNC)