Text Size

Mach3 radius to end of arc differs from radius to start

Mach3 radius to end of arc differs from radius to start

Postby Sunburned » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:53 pm

Hello All,
I am betting just about everyone has seen this error at some point in Mach 3, and after much research I have found that the typical fix it to change the IJ settings in Mach 3 from Absolute to Incrimental. Unfortunately for some reason that works for everyone except me. I figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone had another suggestion.

I am using CAMBAM - Mach 3, just trying to carve "Welcome". I have the CAMBAM post processor set to Mach 3.
Sunburned

CNC Machine: None

Re: Mach3 radius to end of arc differs from radius to start

Postby Trotline » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:24 pm

That is caused by a disagreement between the CAM software's arc center style and Mach3's. CamBam has a number of possible settings. Look under the <Machining> tab for the [Arc Center Mode] setting, and see what it's set to. You can tell both to use "Absolute" or "Incremental, and as long as they agree, either is valid. CamBam has various modes of Incremental, and playing with those might be worthwhile.

Luke
"One man's ceiling is another man's floor". --Adrock

Luke Kilpatrick: Obsessive Tinker
Trotline

CNC Machine: Custom

Postby Sunburned » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:26 am

I have tried changing the IJ setting from incremental to absolute and vice versa, no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sunburned

Postby Sunburned » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Just to close the loop on this I finally figured it out. When you load Mach3 it loads various versions for different applications. Tried a different version and all worked well.
Sunburned

Return to CAD/CAM/Control Software