Text Size

Maker Faire

Maker Faire

Postby PHoodDaniel » Mon May 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Being in the bay area to attend the Maker Faire was a wonderful experience. I was surprised at the number of people there.

Before I write up on the experience, I wanted to let the members here know that this forum was mentioned many times. Folks came up to me to tell me how helpful the members here are, and they named a few. So, I would like to extend a huge thank you to all of you that share your valuable time and knowledge here to help others realize their fabrication dreams!!!
:D
PHoodDaniel

Re: Maker Faire

Postby skfisher » Thu May 26, 2011 2:36 am

Hey, I was one of the lucky ones who got to go to this event. Living 90 miles down the Freeway helped also :D . To Patrick and Jim I enjoyed meeting you both. As I have said before to both of you, you have persuaded me a part with a lot of money :D but I am not complaining. Now how long are you going to make me wait until I can buy the 3d printer ?? ;) . Hey if I can cut the wood parts out with my Bluechick I might be able to get the price low enough to rationalize the purchase. Besides, my Bluechick is lonely all by it's self in the garage, it could use some company :) You don't want me to buy somebody elses 3d printer do you ??

Stephen
skfisher

CNC Machine: BlueChick

Postby PHoodDaniel » Thu May 26, 2011 2:55 pm

If was great to finally meet you Stephen. Yes, I will have the gcode and dxf files offered on the site. I am still developing the electronics, but I will have the kit online prior to this (early June). The kit will not have electronics at first introduction, but will have links to where they can be purchased (Makerbot Gen 4 electronics). This will hopefully help bring down the price a bit, but when the new electronics are developed, the price will be rock bottom. We'll see how low these printers can really be priced.
PHoodDaniel

Postby Moggy » Tue May 31, 2011 5:21 am

I'm sorry not to make it. We tried to go on Sunday afternoon but it was insane. The closest parking was actually further away than our house! :shock:

A lot busier than the last time we went.

As both my girlfriend and I had a little of a morning after head (we entertained a couple of oenophile friends the night before who brought over far too much good wine for four people to drink on their own) we gave up.
Moggy

CNC Machine: BlackToe v4 2x4

Return to News & Announcements