Text Size

Website Bandwidth Error

Website Bandwidth Error

Postby PHoodDaniel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:26 am

Hi all, today I was informed by one of the users by email that the site was down. The error shown when the site was visited: Bandwidth Limit Exceeded. This is generally due to exceeding the allowable bandwidth.

This error was caused by the Hostgator servers (apparently some of them) had updated false bandwidth quotas. The issues on my site specifically was resolved (re-actively) by a customer support rep (through an online chat). The online chat took quite a while.

My deep apologies for this inconvenience.
PHoodDaniel

Re: Website Bandwidth Error

Postby bajaru » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:51 pm

I got that error too yesterday, but saw it as just a minor inconvenience. I was actually super happy for you. I thought it was a good sign that the site has had more bandwidth than you were anticipating. Like better than expected sales, such a problem would not be so bad. Anyway, after coping with some minor withdrawal symptoms, I'm glad the site's back up.

-Brian
bajaru

CNC Machine: BlackToe v2 4x8

Re: Website Bandwidth Error

Postby keith » Thu May 23, 2013 6:48 am

Patrick bandwidth error is a normal sort of problem that effects almost every bodies website from time to time.
No problems!
The Titanic was built by professionals; the Ark was built by Amateurs..........
keith

CNC Machine: BlackToe v2 4x8

Return to News & Announcements