Text Size

Auto Tool Zero Method for XYZ Axis Using Mach3 - Part 3

Re: Auto Tool Zero Method for XYZ Axis Using Mach3 - Part 3

Postby airnocker » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Kevinl,

It doesn't really matter which input pin number you use. I chose pin 15 to associate with Mach3's Ports and Pins configuration to the "Probe" input for no particular reason, but any unused input pin will work. Use the attached Word doc chart to equate the pin number you select to the Visual Basic "Signal" number value.

Basically, all BOB input and output pin numbers are mapped to their Visual Basic Signal number counter-parts. The document below shows these mappings for BOB inputs and outputs. In this document you will it refers to Mach3' "Probe" input listed in Ports and Pins as the "Digitize" input. I hope this clears up any confusion. I had a hard time wrapping my head around it as well, but programming is just full of analogies.

VB Constants Signal Numbers.doc
VB Script Signal Numbers
(34.5 KiB) Downloaded 931 times

To get more information on Mach3 Visual Basic programming you can find it here http://www.machsupport.com/MachCustomizeWiki/index.php?title=Main_Page.
Scroll down the page to 9. Reference Tables for Normal and OEM Codes.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
airnocker

Everything depends on everything else
airnocker

CNC Machine: Custom

Postby kevinl » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:10 pm

then for ricochet,

you should be able to set the input port/pin for (probe/digitizer) for whatever pin/port you have available on the BOB in the configuation file.
kevinl

Postby ricochet » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:55 am

Airnocker, kevinl. Thanks Guys. works fine now. I will reload and hopefully my .XML file will be OK
ricochet

CNC Machine: BlackTooth

Postby airnocker » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:15 am

Ricochet,

Many apologies for not seeing your Dec 27, 2010 post. When they moved my original related posts to the Tutorials section it stopped notifying me. I just happened to be browsing other topics on this sight I don't normally explore and found this tonight.

To answer your question. Signal # mappings are shown in the Mach3 Wiki VB Constants for Signal Names document which I've attached. I arbitrarily chose Signal(22), the Digitize input signal, for Mach3 and I didn't figure I would need it for that purpose anytime soon. To confuse matters more, in Mach3 > Config > Port & Pins > Inputs tab, this equates to the "Probe" input.....Probe as in digitizing probe, which I arbitrarily mapped to my LPT Port1, Pin15.

VB Constants Signal Numbers.doc
Saved in MS Word Doc Format
(34.5 KiB) Downloaded 475 times

This and other Mach3 VB programming information can be found here: http://www.machsupport.com/MachCustomizeWiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Hope this information is useful to you at such a late date.
airnocker

airnocker

Postby airnocker » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:17 am

Never mind. Looks like I had already answered this after all.
airnocker

airnocker

Postby airnocker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:36 pm

Abel28, I can't help but get the feeling you are more inclined to want to talk about tankless water heaters and Celestron Telescopes than DIY CNC topics.
airnocker

airnocker

Postby kevinl » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:23 pm

would it not be better to extract the tool diameter from the tool info in the gcode or are there cases where you might wish you had both? i was updating the routine to use different dialog boxes and would change the macro also for tool diameter info but if could program for both if needed. maybe like "if tool diameter equals zero then ask"..
kevinl

Postby airnocker » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Interesting question. It would depend on whether Mach3's VB commands include interrogating the "loaded" G-Code file to determine the first tool called for. But then wouldn't you already know which tool size you installed on your router or spindle before hand? (I'm assuming there isn't an automatic tool changer in this scenario on the machine.)

Sounds like a lot of work though.
airnocker

airnocker

Postby kevinl » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:54 pm

darn, trying to make the error statement tip on the getmachversion, to maybe have one macro for the old & new version of Mach2 & Mach3.. i have the version 041 and was thinking an "err.raise 35" would work but looks like the err.raise in not in the old version either.. and on the tool diameter, think Mach3 does not use or reckonize tool info in the gcode, but need more research to verify..
kevinl

Postby airnocker » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:20 am

Mach3 DOES use/recognize g-code tool code but it requires your Tool List in your CAM software exactly match the Tool List defined in Mach3.
airnocker

airnocker

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials