Text Size

Skipping/ lagging

Official support for issues with the BuildYourTools.com, BuildYourCNC.com, and forums family of websites.

Skipping/ lagging

Postby BLACKTOEBW » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Hello everyone! I have had this machine for a while now and have been working out the kinks. I have had several problems but i have fixed most of them. The biggest issue I am having now is lagging in the x axis. I have tightened all my sprockets etc and everything seems tight. When I run a tool path my machine will pause and then start going again and it acts like it is still in same spot on the tool path so it makes my cuts terribly skewed!! I have had this problem before but somehow I fixed it and it didn't give me this problem again until today! so if I'm looking at the fact of my machine with the router facing me and the tool path is 5 straight lines from side to side the machine will stall and pick up making an off cut and it skewed the whole tool path... it looks something like this
-------
-------
--------
It will continue to do this. I have paused my machine and letting the stepper motors cool down and i have unplugged everything while the tool path runs so the stepper motors can get the full amount needed. I am in need of some HELPPPPP!!! Someone please let me know whats going on and how i can fix this. I have a deadline to make and I know this always happens but id like to fig out the solution! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much
BLACKTOEBW

CNC Machine: BlackToe v4 2x4

Re: Skipping/ lagging

Postby krugshouse » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:45 am

I recently built a Blackfoot 4x8 machine and I had sort of the same thing happen to me with my X axis. Not sure if this will help you , but I tightened my X axis chains to about 5/8 play. Then I installed a 12 volt fan (from an old computer case I had laying around) over the cut out of the footprint on the back of the gantry. The fan blows in and it keeps the motor at around 100 to 110 degrees even when I run my machine for long periods of time. Oh yea after doing these two thing my machine has been running great.
Safe machining
krugshouse

CNC Machine: BlackFoot v4 4x8

Return to Website / Forums Support