Text Size

BobCAD and linuxcnc

BobCAD and linuxcnc

Postby larry104 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:10 am

Hi all,

I just purchased BobCADv27 (Thanks Al!) and was trying to post a simple test nc file for my BlackFoot style machine. When loading into linuxcnc I get an error: "Near line 3 of ... Unknown control command in o word". Does anyone use BobCAD with linuxcnc - are there special setting necessary to get correct nc files for linuxcnc?
larry104

CNC Machine: Custom

Re: BobCAD and linuxcnc

Postby ShenValleyCNC » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:11 am

According to what I have read, the BobCad folks provide a free assortment of Post Processors for G-code generation. The post processors allow you to customize the output of the g-code to suit your particular controller software. So you 1) have to make sure you have the proper machine type selected in BobCad and 2) have the proper post processor installed and configured.

I have the same thing to do when configuring CamBam. I don't use BobCad so I cant give you any more pointers.
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law
Hofstadter's Law
ShenValleyCNC

Re: BobCAD and linuxcnc

Postby larry104 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Thanks for the tip - I found it on their web site: http://bobcad.com/support/post-processors/ - it seems there is a EMC2 post processor. I will give it a try.
larry104

Return to CAD/CAM/Control Software