Text Size

Autodesk Fusion360

Autodesk Fusion360

Postby davoque » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:05 am

Have a look at Fusion360 from Autodesk. I'm just in the process of switching over to using it.

I have no connection with Autodesk.

Software is amazing and free for personal use.

Fully integrated CAD and CAM and works with Mach3.

I have it working with my Blacktooth.
davoque

CNC Machine: BlackTooth

Re: Autodesk Fusion360

Postby maineshops » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:28 pm

just looked it up and it says $25.00 a month...what am i missing? Dan
maineshops

CNC Machine: "Book" Machine

Postby davoque » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:52 pm

On the pricing page there is a link under the pricing that says "Do I qualify for free use", click that and you will see the text below. Even at $300 per year, for what you get, it is amazing compared to anything else around in value for money, in my opinion.

Free for Education Community & Startups*

*Do I qualify for Free Use?

Are you going to use Fusion 360 Ultimate as a student or educator?
If Yes, you qualify as a Student.
GET IT
Details +

Are you a startup (a product not yet commercially available) or planning to use Fusion 360 Ultimate for personal use?
If Yes, you qualify as a Startup.
GET IT
Details -

If you selected the startup entitlement, you will have personal use of Autodesk® Fusion 360™ Ultimate for one (1) year. You will be notified at the end of your entitlement term via email or via a notice to your account. At the end of one (1) year, you will have the option to re-select the startup entitlement of transition to a commercial entitlement.
davoque

CNC Machine: BlackTooth

Postby larry104 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:39 pm

Thanks for the tip - I just tried it to design a part - very impressive! I really like the constraint/dimension driven sketching as well as the motion analysis feature. Unfortunately it crashed twice and my data was lost (better save the design frequently) - also it seems there is some major functionally missing when sketching (e.g. can't rotate/mirror already drawn shapes) - sure there are workarounds but they are time consuming. Nevertheless, I really like this tool - it's very well documented with lots of online training available.
CableCarrier.jpg
larry104

CNC Machine: Custom

Postby Awesomeness » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:04 am

larry104 wrote:I really like the constraint/dimension driven sketching as well as the motion analysis feature.

If you haven't tried them before, "parametric CAD", such as this/Inventor/SolidWorks/etc. are so much more awesome to use then old fashioned 2D CAD (e.g. AutoCAD, DraftSight, etc.).

larry104 wrote:Nevertheless, I really like this tool - it's very well documented with lots of online training available.

AutoDesk's stuff always is. It's actually pretty sad that the whole industry uses SolidWorks as "the standard", because it's so far behind... AutoDesk Inventor (and pretty much any of the other top-shelf parametric CAD programs) is such a better, more polished, product.
If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
Awesomeness

CNC Machine: BlackFoot v4 4x8

Return to CAD/CAM/Control Software