Text Size

Combining lines in CamBam

Combining lines in CamBam

Postby Sunburned » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi All,
I have been using some of those online image converters and have been running into a problem. Individual lines are often showing up as 2 parallel lines. When cutting this causes the uncut section in the middle of the 2 lines to be so thin it gets all chewed up by my bit. While deleting one line is simple enough, doing it on a complex file can be quite difficult. Is there any feature in CamBam that will allow me to combine parallel lines within a set tolerance, like something similar to the 'join' command? If not, does anyone know of a program that can either avoid this problem or address it?

Thanks,
Sunburned

CNC Machine: None

Re: Combining lines in CamBam

Postby kevinl » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:10 pm

does this problem come from the engraving option.. I'm a little lost but I don't drawing with CamBam but do use it from my Gcode generator.. typically the lines change color when picked but under the window function you could pick multiple lines.. I'm thinking you must be talking about paralleled lines as maybe stacked lines and I don't know of a way to delete multiple lines without picking & deleting..

you might search on the Cambam site..
kevinl

CNC Machine: Custom

Return to CAD/CAM/Control Software