Text Size

cam bam corner cut weird

cam bam corner cut weird

Postby rickhebert » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:11 am

when cutting out with cambam it starts with weird cut on the corner. lets say it needs to travel down the x axis first it will make a short jump or jerk to the y axis before it starts the cut. i have turned on and off corner cut with no change in the effect.
rickhebert

CNC Machine: GreenBull

Re: cam bam corner cut weird

Postby kevinl » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:21 pm

look at how the entry to the cut is setup.. you may have entry set to horizontal which make it approach the cut from the side instead of vertical.

also make sure the 'style pulldown' for the part or machining is set to 'cutout' or 'cutout with tabs' and not 'cutout+tabs+corners', unless you looking for corners.
kevinl

CNC Machine: Custom

Postby rickhebert » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:19 am

kevinl wrote:look at how the entry to the cut is setup.. you may have entry set to horizontal which make it approach the cut from the side instead of vertical.

also make sure the 'style pulldown' for the part or machining is set to 'cutout' or 'cutout with tabs' and not 'cutout+tabs+corners', unless you looking for corners.

i have a lot to learn with cambam. i have made changes with your suggestions one other thing should i set start corner either bottom+left or just set to bottom
rickhebert

CNC Machine: GreenBull

Postby kevinl » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:08 pm

start corner either bottom+left or just set to bottom

not sure of your question, you talking about each cut phase like a pocket or profile type cut routine or how to start/ setup cambam with cutting of the whole part/stock..
kevinl

CNC Machine: Custom

Return to CAD/CAM/Control Software