Text Size

CamBam

CamBam

Postby servant74 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:14 am

Might want to check out http://www.cambam.info

It can read and write DXF, G-Code, STL and more files. Still in beta but does pretty well for many users. Also not a real expensive piece of software... there is also a free version available.

The old URL was www.cambam.co.uk in case you do a search and find it. ... Currently a Windows only program, doesn't work under Linux (yet ... it is coming but don't hold your breath)

If at first you don't succeed, think about scratching parachute jumping off your bucket list.
servant74

CNC Machine: None

CamBam

Postby PHoodDaniel » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:18 pm

The version that you pay for is quite advanced. I have been using CAMBAM for years and I whole heartedly stand by the product, which is why I sell it. With every project and that I have cut using the application, I have never had an issue with the input not matching the output. With the new version of CAMBAM, there are some great enhancements with the usability of the program and the CAD features and manipulation is becoming quite impressive.

PHoodDaniel

Re: CamBam

Postby guggly » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:09 pm

I guess what I am asking is how to I translate SketchUp 3D models into clean g-code to run on the CNC machine? Maybe something that takes a more direct approach to tool path as opposed to printer-style cutting?
We are the pioneers in spanishprograms spanish dumps and tutorials with exam pass guarantee. Download our latest test king ccie Babbel questions to pass real exam of mcitp training in Learnamericanenglishonline
guggly

CNC Machine: BlackToe v4 2x4

Re: CamBam

Postby ShenValleyCNC » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Google sketchup to g code

Google has a plugin for sketchup and there are a couple of other solutions presented in the search results including a youtube video. I have not done this myself yet. I have used cambam though and its great software for the price.
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law
Hofstadter's Law
ShenValleyCNC

CNC Machine: Custom

Return to CAD/CAM/Control Software