Text Size

Live-CD downloaded and working

Postby PHoodDaniel » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:31 am

You are very welcome. I may create a new tutorial on the EMC2 option. I like that open source piece of software.

PHoodDaniel

Postby rhaag71 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:44 am

Being the huge Linux fan (and Unix in general) that I am...I am also glad to hear that somebody has a good experience with Linux. Ubuntu is quickly rising to be a viable alternative desktop OS for the so called 'average user'.

Patrick, I would love to see more about Emc2 setup and configs, I find it to be a slow learning process myself. Mostly because I don't know machining. I thought of suggesting a tutorial of your own, how to set up a CNC router...like home positions, touch-offs and table setup, especially concerning Emc2...so I'm glad to hear that you have that though already. I've just been experimenting and reading. You are very correct though when you said that the Mach3 manual (and Emc2 Manuals also) are a wealth of information...or however you put it :)

rhaag71

Re: Live-CD downloaded and working

Postby ShenValleyCNC » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:18 am

http://www.autoleveller.co.uk/cnc-probe-guide/

The most useful tutorial there is...the touch off probe for the Z-axis.
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law
Hofstadter's Law
ShenValleyCNC

CNC Machine: Custom

Return to CAD/CAM/Control Software