Text Size

What good is 3D printing?

Re: What good is 3D printing?

Postby Awesomeness » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Awesomeness wrote:My suspicion is that ... you'll start seeing lots of little cosmetic gadgets and trinkets (e.g. cell phone cases, cabinet knobs, decorative parts for your car, etc.) offered for sale as digital downloads, that you can print on your machine.

It looks like this prophecy is starting to come true. I saw an ad the other day offering custom 3D-printed cell phone parts and cases.
If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
Awesomeness

CNC Machine: BlackFoot v4 4x8

Postby Don » Fri May 02, 2014 1:34 am

Can anyone tell me how to access the Whiteant 3d printer templates. I bought the book Printing in Plastic by Patrick Hood-Daniel at the end of 2012, but stopped working on it. I'd like to resume and have heard that there are new updated (with corrected dimensions)files. How can I access them?
Don

CNC Machine: WhiteAnt

Postby 3DPrintEditor » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:20 pm

3D printing is a new revolution for sure. I am the editor of a 3D printing news site and I have personally seen amazing things being made. If anyone has any interesting stories or articles they wish to publish then give me a shout. 3D printing is an incredible tool capable of making tools. If you look at the progress being made it is startling. Even if only 2 or 3% of manufacturing ends up being made on 3d printers, the world and it economies is going to look rather different.
3DPrintEditor

CNC Machine: None

Postby Awesomeness » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:17 pm

Awesomeness wrote:You'll start seeing lots of little cosmetic gadgets and trinkets (e.g. ... decorative parts for your car, etc.) offered ...

I said that 3 years ago, and it looks like it's no longer fiction. You can now get custom 3D printed car parts... http://www.gizmag.com/daihatsu-stratasy ... ion/38296/
If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
Awesomeness

CNC Machine: BlackFoot v4 4x8

Previous

Return to DIY 3D Printing