Text Size

Control Software: Arduino or ?

Control Software: Arduino or ?

Postby servant74 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:30 am

The Arduino G-code software that MakerBot Industries has started to use, and I think is available via RepRap.org

RepRap.org has historically used some software they wrote but I think they are moving to the Arduino base so it can be more of an 'appliance' rather than a specialty 'computer printer' model.
If at first you don't succeed, think about scratching parachute jumping off your bucket list.
servant74

CNC Machine: None

Re: Control Software: Arduino or ?

Postby pconti31 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:40 pm

The RepRap.org g-code firmware is all Arduino based. It's also open source. There are various Arduino firmware code bases each almost but not quite the same. Sprinter seems the most popular for now. Makerbot took a set of code from reprap and made some mods to it (for example to run g-code off of SD card). That code is also open source, of course, and available for download. There have been some attempts to run on more powerfull (and expensive) micro controllers to gain speed or to lower parts count but I haven't seen anything available yet.
-- Paul
pconti31

CNC Machine: "Book" Machine

Return to CAD/CAM/Control Software for 3D Printing