Text Size

Cyclone dust seperation

Re: Cyclone dust seperation

Postby airnocker » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:04 pm

Keith,

Love your tenacious ingenuity and dumpster diving skills. What about taking some annular cross-sections from different size ABS or PVC pipe. Say, from an 8-10" diameter pipe for the larger size, then 4-6" diameter, then 2" diameter. Each section length might be, say, 1-2 inches long and "pot" them into the cones where their diameters fit with silicone glue or some such?
airnocker

Everything depends on everything else
airnocker

CNC Machine: Custom

Postby keith » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Thanks for the words Airnocker, I am a 'dumpster diver' with over 50 years experience. It is truely shameful what get thrown out. I have thought of a number of solutions and discussed this with a number of people and the best solution I have heard so far is to simply drop a Topiary Cone into the road cone. This would not interfere with the ariflow that much and it should reinforce the cone enough. I will be looking around this weekend. If I can't find something then I have decided to created a cone sleeve to drop into the road cone using some Dibond sign material I have. I have enough of this stuff to make the cones and if I can avoid spending money.....
The Titanic was built by professionals; the Ark was built by Amateurs..........
keith

CNC Machine: BlackToe v2 4x8

Postby airnocker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:47 pm

I'm with you Keith on how much we wastefully toss out. (Had to look up "topiary cone") Now I'm more enlightened, in the US we call them planter buckets (how crude, eh? but if you cut the bottom out of the topiary cone it looks like that might be a good fit. Are their tapers the same as the road cone?
airnocker

Everything depends on everything else
airnocker

CNC Machine: Custom

Postby keith » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:37 pm

'Possibly' they will fit, I have to look around this weekend to see if I can find one that will drop in.

I plan on taking some video next week of the complete system and posting it online.

I will update this thread too...
The Titanic was built by professionals; the Ark was built by Amateurs..........
keith

CNC Machine: BlackToe v2 4x8

Previous

Return to DIY