Text Size

Just CNC router build pics

Re: Just CNC router build pics

Postby ShenValleyCNC » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:09 am

Ah yes, welcome friend to the mad scientists club! I am looking forward to seeing the pics of the wiring and installation of the electronics.
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law
Hofstadter's Law
ShenValleyCNC

CNC Machine: Custom

Postby Think Twice » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:18 am

1 o2 Control schematics, Not perfect by any means; can’t afford the proper software. Had to draw quite a few of the components from scratch :-(

http://driedhotpeppers.com/CNC/Draw_Schimatic_CNC_1500.jpg

Might have to open the link above to see the whole thing.

If you see an error please advise, thanks
Jeff
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back!
Think Twice

CNC Machine: None

Postby Think Twice » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:22 am

ShenValleyCNC wrote:Ah yes, welcome friend to the mad scientists club! I am looking forward to seeing the pics of the wiring and installation of the electronics.

Just wondering if you ever received the email I sent you?
Think Twice

Postby Think Twice » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:57 pm

Found a few minutes to get the board started, controllers first, air will blow under the fins to help with cooling and wires go through the face and will be routed on the back side. Shaping up to be a nice clean looking board when finished, :-)

Jeff
Think Twice

Postby ShenValleyCNC » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:59 am

Hi Jeff,

Yes I got your email. Enjoyed it too!

Your wiring diagram looks great. I will probably take a look at it again a bit later. As a fella known for going hard-core on any project at the earliest opportunity, I am much impressed by your concepts.

After checking out your ideas and viewing a low-end commercially built CNC that a friend bought, I am getting the yen to build CNC #2. I have no need for a new CNC as my current one turned out well and is still chugging along. It is about to turn seven years old! I have entered the "repair and maintenance" time. I just had to replace the drive gear on the Y axis and my Bosch router bearings finally wore out. But the bearings wore out before the motor brushes have. I replaced the bearing and got it going again. Brushes on order for replacement when that time comes. Amazingly, my original computer, breakout board, power supply, motors and controllers are all still functioning. I am getting good value for my money with this one.

My current project is work on what I call a "registration system". This is a platform that goes on the table and allows the use of many jigs and holders for various projects that will simply "snap" in. By adding corresponding buttons to the interface in LinuxCNC, I will be able to automagically and quickly set up projects for repeatable runs with little variance. It mostly exists in my head and is slowly becoming a reality.

Looking for more Jeff!
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law
Hofstadter's Law
ShenValleyCNC

CNC Machine: Custom

Postby Think Twice » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:58 am

Still waiting for the slow boat from China for more components to finish the first control board but getting a few things done just the same.

Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great weekend! Cheers - Jeff
Think Twice

Postby Think Twice » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:13 pm

In case anyone was wondering what the back side looked like. Received the step down transformers from China but at 60vdc they blow up and start on fire, will have to figure out another route. :-(

Cheers - Jeff
Think Twice

Previous

Return to DIY