Text Size

power supply overheating

power supply overheating

Postby surfsailor » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:31 pm

I have a Blackfoot 4x8 . was 4 minutes from finishing a 1 hour 54 minute cutting when the router just stopped moving but I could see the code lines still scrolling .I stopped feed in mach 3 and noted the gcode line number. reset button and tried jogging z up out of the material , still no movement .looked in my electronics cabinet under table and felt the power supply unit.HOT HOT. I have 2 fans providing airflow thru ,1 fan intake and other is exhaust .

So the material not damaged. am letting everything cool down. How do I get back to machining from same spot where the router stopped or a little before in Mach 3? Hate to have to start from beginning.

A
surfsailor

CNC Machine: BlackFoot v4 4x8

Re: power supply overheating

Postby Awesomeness » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:54 am

Mach3 has a "run from here" button. Take the point where it stopped, and scroll up to find some convenient starting point, such as a z-axis move where it picked up the bit to start the next pass or something. Select that line, do the "run from here", Mach3 will ghost through the previous code quickly in an attempt to understand the state it was in (e.g. coordinate system, feedrate, etc.) at that point if it had actually run through, and will then perform an initial move to some specified coordinates, and start running. It doesn't always work 100%.
If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
Awesomeness

CNC Machine: BlackFoot v4 4x8

Re: power supply overheating

Postby BertieRichards » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:03 pm

I am now experiencing the same problem! God Bless, I found this resource! Thanks for your help, guys!
BertieRichards

CNC Machine: BlackToe v4 2x4

Return to Motion Electronics